Shocking! Boy electrocuted to death while catching bird

Malkangiri: In a shocking incident, a seven-year-old boy was electrocuted to death atop an electricity transformer at Patanaguda village under Kairaput block in Malkangiri district on Sunday. The deceased has been identified as Rajendra Sisa.

Rajendra reportedly had climbed atop the transformer in a bid to catch a bird.

Sources said the minor was desperately trying to catch the bird since morning. A group of villagers after spotting the boy’s body hanging from the transformer poles informed police officials.

Meanwhile, further investigation in connection with the incident is underway, police said.