Over 100 students fall ill
The students of co-education Sirei Nodal School at Sirei under Kanas block of the district were served rice and dal and had complained of bad odour from the food.
They were, however, asked to finish their meal and many of them developed symptoms of vomiting and nausea soon afterwards.
Over 100 students were admitted to the local government hospital and 50 of them were discharged after preliminary treatment. All the affected were stated to be out of danger, hospital sources said.
Puri chief district medical officer, Narahari Moharana said four students were now undergoing treatment at the hospital and the rest were discharged by evening. A medical team was sent to examine the students and an ambulance sent to bring the affected students, if needed, to the district headquarters hospital here, he said.