Fire breaks out at RMRC

Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out at the Mosquito Research Centre at the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC) in Bhubaneswar yesterday. Short circuit is suspected to be the source of fire, which gutted expensive DNA sequencer machine in the centre. Moreover, documents and 3 computers were destroyed by the fire. The fire was detected after thick cloud of smoke emerged from the centre.

The Chandrasekharpur fire brigade team arrived at the centre and brought the fire under control.

Meanwhile, RMRC authorities have launched an departmental inquiry into the incident.