D-brothers killed Dipu, Om, burnt their bodies: Police

Bhubaneswar: Revealing chilling details of the twin murders of Dipu and Om, Commissionerate Police today said that the accused criminal brothers – Sushil and Sushant Dhalsamant (D-brothers) – beat the victims to death in Athgarh and burnt their bodies in a bid to destroy evidence.

In a press meet today, Twin City Police Commissioner YB Khurania said “Both the victims were taken from their house to a farm house near Athgarh and beaten to death by D-brothers and their accomplices. To destroy evidence, they later took the bodies of Dipu and Om to Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum area, where they burnt the bodies with petrol. After four-five days, the bodies, which were burnt 80%, were discovered by the nearby villagers.”

Commenting on the motive behind the murder, Khurania revealed “Both Dipu and Om were accomplices of D-brothers and were sharp shooters. However, observing their disobedience, D-brothers hatched a plot to eliminate both of them.”

On Wednesday, Khurania had informed that one of the two brothers has been taken to Jharkhand by the Commissionerate Police for further investigation into the murders, adding that the forensic team and special team are collecting evidences about the murder.

Suspicion regarding the involvement of D-Brothers in the mysterious disappearance of Dipu and Om grew after the seizure of Dipu’s photograph and driving licence from the former’s Vizag residence earlier this week.

Since 2000, both Dipu and Om were working as tender fixers for D-brothers. Sometimes they were also used as sharp shooters by their bosses.

On January 18, a case was registered with Chauliaganj police station in Cuttack on the basis of the complaint filed by Adwaita Mallick, father of Dipu, following a direction from the Orissa High Court.

Interestingly, though there were allegations of two murders, only Dipu’s father had lodged the FIR. Dipu was allegedly abducted and killed in November, 2013.

On February 10, family members of Om also lodged a murder case against three persons, including the Dhalasamant brothers, at Chauliaganj police station in Cuttack.

The family members said Om had gone to meet the gangster brothers on 12th November,2013 after receiving a phone call from his friend and never returned. Later, the family members received information about his death.