One dead, 11 others taken ill after consuming food during marriage preparation
Keonjhar: One person died while eleven others were taken ill after consuming food during preparations for a marriage ceremony at Nuagaon village under Khireitengiri panchayat of Keonjhar distrcit last night.
According to reports, 12 persons including family members and eight other workers making arrangement for the wedding of their daughter consumed meals prepared for dinner last night. At around 12 am, all of them complained of stomach pain and started vomiting.
They were initially rushed to Keonjhar hospital and later transferred to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after their health condition worsened.
A worker named Mitu Nayak reportedly lost his life on the way to SCB, while all four members of the family including two women are stated to be critical.
Even as the hospital authorities and the other members of the family are yet to clarify on the matter, food poisoning is suspected to be the reason behind the incident.