Odisha man electrocuted in freak mishap while inflating tractor tyre

Sundergarh: In a freak accident, one person was electrocuted to death as he was launched into air and came in contact with overhead power cables after a tractor tyre burst.

The incident occurred in Rasipatara village under Talsara Police limits of Sundergarh district today.  The deceased has been identified as Niru Pattata of Goilo village.

According to sources, Pattata, a tractor driver, was inflating the tyre when the mishap took place. Two persons standing nearby were also critically injured in the mishap.

While both the injured were initially rushed to Sundergarh hospital, one among them, identified as Siddhique Ali was later shifted to VIMSAR in Burla after his condition worsened, informed sources.

Reportedly Ali was also blown up in the air following the tyre burst and landed on the roof of a nearby shop receiving grievous injuries.

On receiving information, Talasara Police reached the spot and has initiated a probe.