Odisha incurs loss of Rs 11,942 crore in Cyclone Fani: Reports
Bhubaneswar: Amid the war footing restoration works in the Fani-affected areas, Odisha government has come up with a preliminary report of the loss the State has incurred in the cyclone.
According to sources, the State government prepared a preliminary report of the damage based on the reports given by the Collectors of Fani-hit districts. In the report, the Odisha government mentioned that it has incurred a huge loss of Rs 11,942 crore.
Department wise loss of property in cyclone Fani:
1) Water Resources department – Rs 37,301.20 lakh
2) Works department – Rs 59,732.30 lakh
3) Rural Development department – Rs 43,717.68 lakh
4) Housing & Urban Development department – Rs 52,434.87 lakh
5) Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water department – Rs 58,703.33 lakh,
6) Agriculture department – Rs 10,230.53 lakh
7) Energy department – Rs 1,15,980 lakh
8) Fisheries & Animal Resources department – Rs 5,543.97 lakh
9) ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes department – Rs 592.24 lakh
10) Women and Child Development department – Rs 7,248.50 lakh
11) Textile and Handloom department – Rs 7431.36 lakh
12) Cooperation department – Rs 1741.44 lakh.
13) Higher Education department – Rs 29,600 lakh
14) Health and Family Welfare department – Rs 1,276.25 lakh
15) Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) department – Rs 1,825 lakh
16) Labour and ESI department – Rs 78 lakh
17) Forest and Environment department – Rs 53,780 lakh
18) Tourism department – Rs 1,917 lakh
19) School and Mass Education department – Rs 1,094 lakh
20) Skill Development and Technical Education department – Rs 3,057 lakh
21) Electronics & Information Technology department – Rs 1,374.39 lakh
22) Industries department – Rs 15,269.07 lakh
23) Odia Language Literature and Culture department – Rs 7,274 crore
Similarly, Shree Jagannath Temple in Puri incurred loss of properties worth Rs 510 lakh.
According to sources, the State government has spent Rs 6,76,756 lakh towards relief and response.
The report further revealed that a total of Rs 1720.24 crore, including Central and State share, was made available to the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF), out of which Rs 444.45 crore has been utilised while the balance Rs 1275.79 crore is available with the SDRF now as on May 11, 2019.
Sources further said that the State government is slated to submit the report to the Centre’s inter-ministerial team during a meeting at the State secretariat later today adding it will also give the detailed report about the loss incurred by each department.
The State government will then send a memorandum to the Union government after preparing a final report.
Odisha had to witness an unprecedented destruction in different sectors after cyclone Fani hit the State on May 3. While donations and other assistance continue to pour in for the restoration works, a Central inter-ministerial team, led by Additional Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs, Vivek Bharadwaj, is on a three-day Odisha visit. The team is visiting the cyclone affected areas to assess the damage caused and relief work afoot.