OCA ready to return Rs 1 cr received from ponzi company
Bhubaneswar: Criticised for receiving Rs 1 crore from a ponzi company for conducting cricket matches in the state, Odisha Cricket Association said it was ready to return money either to the police or the state government, but not to Artha Tatwa Group.
"We are willing to return the money either to the state government or the police for the benefit of small investors," said OCA secretary Asirbad Behera after deposing before the police here on Wednesday.
Admitting that the OCA had received the amount for organising Ranji matches and OPL between 2011 and 2012, Behera said the funds received from Artha Tatwa Group was also used to sponsor some junior cricketers to undergo training under former Odisha coach Michael Bevan in Australia.
Stating that the OCA had no knowledge about AT Group's illegal activities, Behera said he would put condition before returning money.
"Only those who have lost their hard-earned money should benefit and not the rich investors," he said.
Claiming that OCA's relationship with AT Group CMD Pradip Sethi was transparent, Behera said the ponzi company was a title sponsor in OPL.
OCA secretary was among the 22 persons who had been summoned by the police to clarify their relationship with AT Group CMD Pradip Sethi, was now in judicial custody.