Narrow escape for 50 passengers as bus catches fire in Bangriposi
Mayurbhanj: As many as 50 passengers had a narrow escape after the bus they were travelling in caught fire near Bangriposi area of Mayurbhanj district today. According to sources, the incident took place while the bus was on its way to Ambajodi village in Betnoti from Singada area of Karanjia.
The matter came to light after the driver spotted smoke emanating from the bus when it was stopped in front of Dwarsuni temple.
— OTV (@otvnews) March 8, 2019
Sources said, all the staff and passengers immediately evacuated the bus and subsequently Fire Department was informed about the incident.
By the time, fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames, all the bags and baggages were gutted, added sources.
For some time, vehicular traffic on the NH 49 was adversely affected as no vehicles could pass through the route. Though it is still unclear what triggered the fire in the vehicle, it is suspected that short circuit might be the reason behind the mishap, informed sources.