Ladle stuck in kid’s throat while playing removed

Jharsuguda: In a bizarre incident, a two and half-year old boy was left critically injured after the handle of a ladle got stuck in his throat at his home in Patrapalli village of Kirmira block in Jharsuguda district.

The incident took place on late Sunday night when the toddler Amit Guru was playing with ladle by putting it into his mouth. As per reports, the bent handle of the ladle accidentally got stuck in his throat.

Though the family members tried their best, they failed to take it out of the boy’s throat. Amit was first rushed to the Jharsuguda District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) and later shifted to a private hospital where the doctors successfully pulled out the ladle without conducting any operation.

The child is stated to be stable now, sources informed.