Girl critical in fire mishap in Jagatsinghpur

Jagatsinghpur: A young girl sustained critical burn injuries after a fire broke out in her house in Ucchabanandapur village under Kujang block of Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday.

The girl was initially rushed to the Kujang Community Health Centre (CHC) and later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after her condition deteriorated.

Rashmita has sustained critical burn injuries and her condition is still critical, doctors said.

Though the exact reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, Rashmita’s family members said that the fire broke out when she was cooking in stove this morning.