Four shops gutted in fire mishap in Balasore

Balasore: Four shops were gutted and property worth lakhs of rupees reduced to ashes when a major fire broke out due to an electric short circuit near Rosha Chhak under Soro block of Balasore district late last night.

As per reports, the blaze originated from one Chintamani Barik’s salon located in the Swain Market Complex near Rosha Chhak and subsequently spread to other nearby stores within a few minutes.

A general store and a sweets shop among others were gutted in the mishap. Two fire brigade units, which rushed to the spot after receiving information, doused the flames with the help of locals, informed sources.