Five families rendered homeless in separate fire mishaps

Bhadrak/Kendrapara: As many as ten rooms of five families were gutted in two separate fire mishaps in Bhadrak and Kendrapara district on Saturday night. According to reports, four rooms of one Praveen Mandal and Rabindra Mandal were reduced to cinders after a major fire broke out at Rajrajeswari village under Bansada Police limits in Bhadrak.

Sources said properties worth lakhs of rupees including household articles have reduced to ashes in the fire mishap. By the time fire tenders reached the spot, both the houses were gutted. Though the exact reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, an investigation has begun.

In another incident, three families were also rendered homeless after six rooms were gutted in a major fire at Janra village under Mahakalapada police limits of Kendrapara district yesterday.

More details are awaited.