Five Electrocuted To Death In Separate Incidents In Odisha

Bolangir: As many as five persons were killed in electrocution incidents in separate parts of the State today.

In the first instance, a couple died after suffering electric shock at Agalpur village under Loinsinga Police Station in Bolangir district. The couple has been identified as Hemant Nag and Rajini.

As per reports, Rajini got electrocuted while drying clothes on a wire which came in contact with a live electric wire. Hemant, who was present at the spot rushed to her help and was also killed on the spot.

In another incident, a youth was killed in an attempt to save his younger sister Premalata from getting electric shock at Gurunda village under Muribahal Police limits in Kantabanji block of the district. The deceased has been identified as Karnadani Saraf.

Sources said, Premalata was sweeping outside her house in the morning when her brother sustained electric shock while trying to prevent a live electric wire of the decorative light used in a nearby Ganesh pandal from falling on her body.

Though Karnadani was immediately rushed to Kantabanji Hospital, he was declared brought dead by the doctors.

Similarly, two other persons were also killed after getting electric shocks in Nayagarh. An electrician along with the owner of a house was electrocuted to death while cutting a pipe with a cutter in Rankadeuli village under Ranpur police limits of the district.