Fire Breaks Out At Utkal University in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A massive fire reportedly broke out in the Syndicate Hall of Utkal University here on Thursday.
As per reports, a syndicate meeting of the varsity was set to be held in the hall tomorrow. Though the fire broke out ahead of the meeting, the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Several important files and documents were reportedly reduced to ashes in the fire.
“The syndicate room is a furnished one and we suspect short circuit to be the reason of the fire. Soon after spotting the flames, we informed the fire brigade,” said an eye-witness.
Till last report came in, fire tenders had doused the flames.