Fire breaks out at Big Bazaar in Cuttack

Cuttack: A major fire broke out at Big Bazaar near Buxi Bazaar in Cuttack in the wee hours of Monday. As per reports, the flames erupted in a dance bar on the fourth floor of the shopping mall.

Subsequently, three fire tenders were pressed into action who managed to douse the flames after four hours of operation. The Chief Fire Officer was also present at the spot to monitor the situation, reports added.

“The exact reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, we think short circuit might have triggered the flames or someone might have dropped ashes of cigarette.The fire has been brought under control,” said a fire official.

The amount of property damaged in the fire can be estimated only after a detailed investigation.

On the other hand, 10 rooms were gutted in two separate fire mishaps in Balasore on late Sunday night. While eight rooms reduced to ashes at Tinidesha village under Narsinghpur panchayat, two rooms were gutted at Tenda village under Sajnagarh panchayat.

Property worth lakhs of ruppees have reportedly been damaged in the fire mishaps.