Fire breaks out at a Bhubaneswar hotel
As thick smoke covered the restaurant on the ground floor, customers ran out for safety causing fear among the people.
Even as large number of people passing by the busy road thronged the area to see what was happening, guests staying in the hotel were seen shouting for help.
"The fire was believed to have emanated from the kitchen of the restaurant," a fire official said.
However, no one was injured though property of the hotel was gutted, he said.
Guests staying in the hotel ran out of their rooms for safety while some old people were rescued by fire fighters, who controlled the blaze using oxygen cylinders and modern equipment.