Fire at State secretariat
Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out at the health and family welfare department of the state secretariat here on Saturday, destroying some official documents and furniture, police sources said.
There was no casualty or injury, the sources said.
Panic-stricken employees ran out from the backdoor as smoke billowed out from the fire which was doused in 30 minutes by three fire tenders, the sources said.
"The fire was first detected at the chamber of additional secretary Basant Behera in the health and family welfare department in the afternoon," H&FW department deputy secretary Manoranjan Panigrahi said.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, though eye witnesses said it might have occurred from a short circuit.