Elephant electrocuted in Bolangir
As per reports, three elephants had come to Badighati village last night and one of them had come in contact with the 11 KV electric wires and died on the spot.
After being informed, the forest officials have reached the spot and are investigating the matter. As the wires were drawn at a very low height in the area, the pachyderm came in contact with it and was met with death, the officials said.
However, there was no news of the whereabouts of other two elephants.