Eight rooms of a house reduced to cinders in fire mishap

Balasore: As many as eight rooms of a house was reduced to cinders after a major fire broke out at Kapuri village under Khaira block in Balasore late last night.

According to sources, the blaze engulfed the entire house within a few minutes, however, the family members managed to escape unhurt.

Property worth lakhs of rupees including jewelleries, other household stuffs were reduced to cinders in the fire mishap at the house owned by four brothers of one family.

After receiving information, Fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flames, informed sources.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, an investigation is underway.