Cyclone Titli: ECoR suspends train services between Khurda Road & Vizianagaram
Bhubaneswar: In view of the very severe cyclonic storm Titli heading for landfall between coastal Odisha and Andhra Pradesh tomorrow morning, the East Coast Railway (ECoR) suspended train services from Khurda Road in Odisha to Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh in both directions after 2200hrs (10.00pm) today till further orders.
According to information given by the Railways, the up-trains from Howrah/Kharagpur side to southern destinations will not be allowed in ECoR jurisdiction, i.e., from Bhadrak after 1715hrs (05.15pm) today till further orders.
Down-trains from Hyderabad/Visakhapatnam side to north will not be allowed from Duvvada (Visakhapatnam) after 1840hrs (06.40pm) today till next directives.
Long distance trains supposed to pass through ECoR jurisdiction between Khurda Road and Vizianagaram, i.e. in Howrah-Chennai main line could be diverted via Nagpur –Balharshah- Vijayawada directions, if feasible. Some trains may be cancelled or may be partially cancelled as per the situation, railway sources informed.
Due to heavy rain in Puri, the ECoR has decided to reschedule the following trains:
• Puri-Jodhpur Express from Puri on October 10 will leave at 7.45 pm instead of 3.55 pm.
• Puri-Ahmedabad Express will leave Puri at 9.25 pm instead of 6.20 pm.
• Puri-Durg Express from Puri will leave at 11.30 pm instead of 6.30 pm.
• Puri-Howrah GaribRath Express scheduled to leave Puri at 10.10am on October 10 will leave at 05.00am on October 11.
- Both Hirakhand Express and Howrah-Secunderabad East Coast Express have been diverted via Sambalpur.
- Likewise, Konark Express travelling from Mumbai will stop at Visakhapatnam while the same train that is scheduled to leave from Bhubaneswar on October 11 will start from Visakhapatnam.
- The Tirupati-Puri Express will also end journey at Visakhapatnam.
The East Coast Railway (ECoR) has issued helpline numbers- 8455885936, 0674-2301525, 2301625 to help the affected passengers.