Couple injured in fire mishap dies at SCB hospital
Nayagarh: A marital dispute resulted in the tragic death of a couple today, who received severe burn injuries yesterday. The couple, who was admitted to the SCB Medical College & Hospital in Cuttack since Wednesday died while undergoing treatment today.
Sources said Sadananda Pradhan of Mangalasahi in Khandapada town of Nayagarh district and his wife had a fight over some family dispute yesterday.
Subsequently, Sadananda attempted suicide by pouring kerosene and setting himself on fire. In a bid to save him, Sadananda’s wife rushed towards him and sustained critical burn injuries as well.
With 90-100 percent burn injuries, the couple was initially rushed to Nayagarh District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) and later shifted to SCB medical after their condition deteriorated. However, the duo died while undergoing treatment today.
“The couple had a fight which led to such severe consequences. Both of them were together and got burnt. Later, locals broke into the house and rescued them,” said Prafulla Kumar Pradhan, brother of the deceased woman.