CM retains Home department, Niranjan Pujari gets Finance
Bhubaneswar: Soon after the swearing-in ceremony, all the administrative departments were allocated among the Council of Ministers by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today.
While the Chief Minister has retained the Home, General Administration & Public Grievance departments, Niranjan Pujari has been given charge of the Finance and Excise departments.
Prafulla Kumar Mallik has been allocated Steel & Mines and Works department whereas Bikram Keshari Arukha has been given Forest & Environment and Parliamentary Affairs departments.
Tukuni Sahu, the lone woman minister in Naveen’s Council of ministers, has been allotted Women & Child Development and Mission Shakti departments.
Earlier in the day, Naveen and his team of ministers were administered oath by Governor Ganeshi Lal in Bhubaneswar.
Here’s the complete list of Council of ministers and their portfolios:
1. Naveen Patnaik — Home, General Administration &
Public Grievance and any other Department specifically not assigned.
1. Niranjan Pujari — Finance, Excise.
2. Bikram Keshari Arukha — Forest & Environment, Parliamentary Affairs.
3. Prafulla Kumar Mallik — Steel & Mines, Works.
4. Ranendra Pratap Swain — Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare, Co-operation.
5. Padmanabha Behera — Planning & Convergence, Commerce & Transport.
6. Pratap Jena — Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water, Law, Housing & Urban Development.
7. Arun Kumar Sahoo — Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment, Fisheries & Animal Resources Development, Higher Education.
8. Sudam Marndi — Revenue & Disaster Management
9. Susanta Singh. — Rural Development, Labour & Employees’ State Insurance.
10. Naba Kisore Das — Health & Family Welfare.
11. Tukuni Sahu — Women & Child Development and Mission Shakti.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge):
1. Jagannath Sarka — S.T. & S.C. Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare.
2. Dibya Shankar Mishra — Energy; Industries; Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
3. Ashok Chandra Panda — Science & Technology, Public Enterprises, Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disability.
4. Samir Ranjan Das — School & Mass Education.
5. Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi — Tourism; Odia Language, Literature & Culture.
6. Premananda Nayak — Skill Development & Technical Education.
7. Raghunandan Das — Water Resources, Information & Public Relations.
8. Padmini Dian — Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts.
9. Tusharkanti Behera — Electronics & Information Technology, Sports & Youth Services.
Minister of State:
1. Prafulla Kumar Mallik — Home.