Woman, daughter among 3 electrocuted
Jajpur: In a tragic incident, three persons including a woman and her daughter were electrocuted after they came in contact with a live wire at Pataballi village under Tamka police limits in Jajpur district on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Tilottama Behera(55) and her daughter Sima Behera (22) and 5-year-old girl Puspalata Mahanta.
While Tilottama and Sima died on the spot, the minor girl was rushed to a hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries.
The incident took place when a branch of a tree fell on 11 kv live wire which strapped from an electric pole and fell upon them outside the house.
Irked over the incident, some locals staged a road blockade in front of the Tamka police station on NH-200. The Kalinga Nagar Additional SP along with police force reached the spot and pacified the mob.