Wedding gift blast: Distraught Reema leaves hospital
Cuttack: Though anguish and disappointment was written large on the face of newly-wed Reema Sahu, the lone survivor in the Patnagarh parcel bomb blast case, she reiterated her demand for a detailed probe into the incident in which two persons including her husband Soumyasekhar was killed.
Reema, who was discharged from SCB Medical College and Hospital today, expressed her displeasure over the ongoing investigation as the ‘culprits’ are still moving scot-free.
“My family has been ruined and even after so many days, police have failed to nab the real culprits. Will meet Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik if required,” said Reema.
Reema further stated that the courier company which accepted, dispatched and delivered the killer parcel is responsible and its officials should be nabbed.
Reema’s father, Sudam Charan Sahu said that “So far police as well Crime Branch are clueless about the incident. Still we are hopeful that something will emerge,” said Sudam.
Sudam further said the family will certainly press for a CBI probe if no headway is achieved in the case for long.
Reema Rani was undergoing treatment at the SCB medical since the fateful incident on February 23. She had sustained over 40 percent burn injuries and was discharged after getting clearances from ENT and other departments, said SCB officials.