Two elephants electrocuted in Athagarh
Athagarh: In the latest case of its kind in the state, two elephants were killed after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Bairi range in Tangi under the Athagarh forest division on Monday.
According to sources, the two female elephants were electrocuted at the forest range under Safa panchayat this morning after they entered the Sri Arabinda Srikhetra Ashram in search of food.
The two pachyderms are believed to have died after coming in contact with live wires fenced around the paddy field near the ashram.
On being informed about the incident, Cuttack DFO rushed to the spot and seized the bodies of the elephants.