Fire breaks out at treasury office due to short circuit

Bhubaneswar: A low magnitude fire mishap spread panic on the fourth floor of the treasury office here in the early hours today. The fire is suspected to have been caused due to a short circuit from air conditioner.

Security officials noticed the blaze when smoke emanated from the multi storied building. Immediately, they switched off all the electric points and informed the fire station.

“The control room received a call at around 8.45 am and immediately two fire tender units were rushed to the place. But only one unit successfully brought the inferno under control. It was a low magnitude fire accident. We can say that timely action of our officials has averted a big accident. Only two air conditioners, some chairs and some other documents were gutted”, a fire officer said.

}