Female elephant electrocuted in farmland

Pallahara: In a tragic incident, a female elephant died after coming in contact with an 11kV power line near Bhadramunda village under Khamar forest range in Angul district late last night while venturing into farmland of the villagers to eat moong crop.

Forest staff of the Khamar range, who reached the spot today morning, said the elephant believed to be aged 20-22 years came in contact with a low-lying overhead 11kV power line while entering into farmland near to Bhadramunda.

Also read: Female elephant electrocuted

After the elephant rubbed with the 11 kV line, the high-voltage transmission overhead wire got snapped and laid beside the body of the pachyderm.

When asked about the details about the female elephant death case, the forest staff said they are examining it.