Couple electrocuted to death in Athagarh

Cuttack: A couple died under tragic circumstances after coming in contact with a live wire in Baunsatangara village in Kundharei panchayat under Khuntuni police limits of Athagarh here on Tuesday.

The deceased have been identified as Niranjan Bhujabala and his wife Narmada.

As per sources, the incident occurred this morning when Niranjan went to sprinkle water in the fields in the backyard of their house. Suddenly he was electrocuted after coming in contact with the live wire of the water pump. When his wife Narmada went to his rescue, she too came in contact with the wire and got electrocuted.

Meanwhile, locals rescued and rushed the couple to Athagarh Sub-divisional Hospital where the doctors declared them brought dead.

“Niranjan was first electrocuted. Attempting to save him, Narmada also suffered a fatal electric shock,” said family member of the deceased.

}