1 dies, 9 serious in fire mishap in Dhenkanal
Dhenkanal/Bhadrak: One person died and nine others sustained serious burn injuries in three separate fire mishaps in Dhenkanal and Bhadrak districts late Wednesday night.
Of the 10 persons injured in the Gengutia Mohanty Sahi under Sadar police limits of Dhenkanal district, one died and the rest nine including a three year old are being treated at SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. At least 12 houses have been gutted.
According to sources, the mishap occurred late last night when most people were asleep. They were trapped inside their houses as the fire spread quickly. Fire brigade personnel reached the spot to douse the fire and rescued them.
Similarly, a fire incident was were reported from Nilakanthapur village in Tihidi Tehsil of Bhadrak district. In the incident, 14 rooms of four families were reduced to ashes due to a short circuit. Another fire also broke out at a godown in Jaipur Bazaar of Kubera panchayat. No casualty was, however, reported from these places.