Bhushan mishap death toll rises to 2

Bhubaneswar: The death toll in the Bhushan steel plant fire explosion rose to two on Wednesday with the death of one injured, who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Cuttack.
The deceased has been identified as Saroj Dehury, a resident of Nalco Nagar in Angul district, according to an official.
“Saroj Dehury (22) died in a private hospital this morning. Dehury, injured in the November 13 blast furnace explosion at Bhushan Steel plant was admitted to the hospital with 73% burn injuries,” Health minister Damodar Rout said.
The minister added, condition of another worker of the plant currently being treated at the hospital with 50% burn injuries is stable.
Meanwhile, the State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has also ordered authorities of Bhushan Steel Ltd (BSL) to immediately shut down the power plant and rolling mill unit of the steel plant.
"BSL has been running the power plant without environment clearance from the pollution control board. Similarly, the company has set up the rolling mill without the required approval from the board. That's we have issued a notice to the company to close both the units," said LK Tiwari, member secretary of SPCB.
Besides, BSL did not take permission from the board before commissioning the blast furnace no-2. A joint inquiry team comprising officials from Directorate of Factories and Boilers, district administration and pollution control board found about the irregularities of the company. The SPCB also sent a furnace closure notice to the company, Tiwari added.
In a related development, upon the orders of Union Minister of State for Labour K Suresh, a three-member team led by Deputy Chief Labour Commissioner KDR Achari has left for the plant site to prepare a detail report.
"After assessing the situation we will submit a report to the central government," said Acahri before leaving for the plant.
Addressing a press conference here on Tuesday, the Union Minister had said, “We understand seriousness of the problem. I have instructed Deputy Chief Labour Commissioner to visit the plant and submit a report as soon as possible.”