Bhadrak fire mishap: 9 rooms gutted, 3 cattle burnt alive

Bhadrak: At least nine rooms were gutted and three cattle charred to death in a major fire that broke out late last night at Dharmasarana village under Sahada panchayat in the district.

According to sources, four rooms of one Purusottam Sethy, a cattle shed of Baikuntha Sahoo and four rooms of Santosh sethi were reduced to ashes in the mishap. Besides, property worth lakhs of rupees including household stuffs were destroyed in the fire, said sources.

Fire Brigade sources said that, on getting information, fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames; however, the houses were completely engulfed in the flames.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, an investigation is currently underway.