Baby girl charred to death, parents injured in fire

Kendrapara: A six-month-old baby girl was burnt alive and her parents suffered serious burn injury when fire broke in their house in Kendrapara district. Police said the three were asleep at their thatched house at Derabisi, about 20 km from here late last night, when the blaze ignited possibly from a mosquito coil.

Though the couple – Sheikh Budhia and Apsara Bibi – were rescued with serious burn injuries, the baby girl was found charred to death. The couple was first admitted to the district headquarters hospital and later referred to SCB Medical College Hospital at Cuttack.