After Delhi, Muktikanta starts 2nd ‘padyatra’ to meet CM Naveen

Rourkela: Muktikanta Biswal, the man who walked all the way from Rourkela to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi, has now started another ‘padyatra’ to meet Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding fulfilment of his demands.

“I will meet Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to discuss the 60:40 scheme, according to which the State government will pay 40% and the Centre will pay the rest 60% for construction of Koel barrage in Rourkela. I will also discuss the issue with the Opposition as the central government is completely silent,” Biswal said.

According to sources, Biswal will walk 455 kilometres covering Rajgangpur, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Angul and Cuttack to meet CM Naveen in Bhubaneswar.

On the other hand, BJD MLA from Raghunathpali, Subrat Tarai said that a tender of Rs 340 crore for the construction Koel barrage has already been finalised and the work will begin soon.

On April 16, Biswal had embarked upon a journey on foot to apprise PM Modi about the promises he had made on upgrading Ispat General Hospital (IGH) while addressing a public meeting in Rourkela on April 1, 2015.

After reaching New Delhi in 70 days, Biswal had sat on a hunger strike near Jantar Mantar. However, he was unable to meet the PM.

Also Read: Principal of Government Engineering College among 4 killed in road mishap

An idol maker by profession, Biswal had also fallen ill while crossing Agra in Uttar Pradesh and was admitted to a local hospital during his journey to the national capital.

AICC President Rahul Gandhi had also announced support to Biswal in his mission. Similarly, several Congress leaders from Odisha also raised funds for upgradation of IGH.

}