2 women electrocuted in Bhubaneswar

Bhubaneswar: Two women of a family were electrocuted in the Unit 9 area of Bhubaneswar today. Both of them were reportedly declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

According to sources, the incident occurred when both the women were hanging clothes on the rooftop.

“I and my brothers had gone to work. Both the sisters-in-law were hanging clothes when my wife heard them scream. My wife went to check for them and found both lying on the ground in an unconscious state,” said a relative of the women, Satyabadi Behera.

The women were later taken to the hospital by the neighbors, where the doctors declared them dead. Meanwhile, the incident has left the locals in a state of panic.