18 years on, challenges still remain for BJD government
Bhubaneswar: BJD government today completed four years of its fourth term, and party president & Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik highlighted the achievements of the Odisha government and his party during its 18-year rule.
While Naveen credited his government’s success to the 3Ts (Transparency, Teamwork, Technology) ‘mantra’ and urged party workers and officials to work with 3Ds (Determination, Dedication and Devotion); here are a few challenges which still remain to be tackled by the party in the final lap of its current term.
Challenges in the Fifth Year of the Fourth Term
- Putting a cap on increasing cases of violence against women and taking steps to address deteriorating law and order in State
- Checking corruption in government projects and especially involvement of party leaders
- Amid allegations of corrupt PC (percentage commissioning) practice, ensuring successful implementation of welfare schemes and making sure that the benefits of new schemes announced ahead of 2019 polls reach people
- Fulfilling all the promises made in the 2014 election manifesto
- Maintaining coordination between various departments, district administration
Challenges Ahead of the 2019 General Elections
- Effective distribution of tickets during election and managing the disgruntled lot
- Rooting out differences and resolving disagreements and conflicts among party leaders in all districts
- Putting a lid on growing resentment against some of legislators and parliamentarians
- To chalk out strategies to counter the aggressive Opposition
- To retain brand image of Naveen Patnaik, party’s biggest asset
“There may be some differences between leaders, but when it becomes a party affairs everyone is loyal and CM Naveen commands unquestioned loyalty of every party member,” said Labour Minister, Susanta Singh.
Senior journalist, K Rabi on the other hand said that it would be a daunting task for the BJD to tackle the leaders who have already lost their image in their constituencies and give tickets to new members.