12 houses gutted in fire mishap in Dhenkanal
Dhenkanal: Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed after a major fire broke out in 12 houses in Mishra Sahi of Asurabandha village under Bhuban area of the district late Thursday night.
According to reports, locals noticed smoke emanating from the houses at around 1 am and immediately informed the fire brigade.
Soon, fire tenders from Bhuban were pressed into service to douse the flames. But by then, the houses were completely engulfed in the flames, informed locals. The mishap has rendered more than six families homeless.
Though the exact cause the incident has not been ascertained yet, it is being suspected that electric short circuit might be the reason behind the flames.
Meanwhile, the local Tehsildar also rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.