10 cattle electrocuted to death in Nilagiri
Balasore: As many as 10 cattle were electrocuted to death in Oladanga village under Nilagiri police limits of the district today. The cattle came in contact with a live 11 kv wire while grazing in a farm land causing the mishap, locals said.
Strong winds accompanied by rain last night reportedly snapped the transmission wire, following which it fell in the farm land. The villagers further alleged that the local electricity department staff did not undertake spot visit and charged the transmission line.
Due to carelessness of the electricity department the snapped electric wire was charged leading to the incident, said a villager.
Meanwhile, tension erupted in the locality as the district administration officials are yet to visit the spot.