Three girls dead after attending a village feast
Nuapada: Three girls died and 11 others were taken seriously ill due to suspected food poisoning after attending a community feast in Nuapada district, official sources said here on Monday.
The incident occurred in Kamarkhunti village on Sunday, chief district medical officer (CDMO), Nuapada, Biranchi Narayan Panigrahy said.
"A medical team led by additional district medical officer (ADMO) Shantilata Das has rushed to the village to treat the affected people", Panigrahy said.
The deceased, all teen-aged girls, were identified as Bahini Majhi, Kapooor Majhi and Laxmi Majhi. They fell seriously ill after returning from the feast and never recovered.
Those who had fallen ill, were being treated in the village, the sources said adding inquiry into the incident was on.