We Report, You Decide

Mother, son electrocuted as live wire snaps

Bargarh: A mother-son duo was electrocuted and a girl child seriously injured after a live service wire fell on them after getting snapped from a pole in Kulunda village in Bargarh district on Tuesday, police said.

The deceased were identified as Bijuli Bhoi (25) and her four-year-old son Sovan while the injured was the woman`s daughter Sonali (6), Inspector-in-Charge, Atabira, Police Station, Arjun Kumar Sahu said.

The mishap occurred when Bijuli was accompanying her two chidren to the village Anganwari school this morning. The woman and her son were charred to death while her daughter was fighting for her life in the hospital.

Meanwhile, in protest against alleged negligence on the part of the electricity supply company, Wesco, angry villagers gheraoed the company`s office at Laderpalli and demanded immediate transfer of the SDO.

Keeping the bodies in front of the office, they shouted slogans against the company and demanded adequate compensation to the next of kins of the victims.

Repeated complaints for change of old electric wires had fallen on deaf ears and the villagers were allegedly misbehaved whenever they sought solution to the problem; Sahu quoted villagers as having complained.

Read Our Next Story