Indirapali gas cylinder fire mishap: Death toll rises to 3
Rourkela: After battling for life for almost a week, three including two sisters, who were earlier critical due to burn injuries in a gas cylinder fire mishap at Indirapali, died while undergoing treatment at Ispat General Hospital.
The deceased has been identified as Suresh Tripathy and his two daughters Sruti Tripathy (5) and Swati (7). Suresh and Sruti died in the morning today while Swati (7) had succumbed while undergoing treatment at the hospital last night.
According to reports, four persons of the family including Suresh, his wife Suchitra and two children were injured in a fire apparently caused by a cooking gas leak at Indirapali on July 31.
The condition of Suchitra is said to be critical and is undergoing treatment at the hospital.