Two police personnel from Odisha have been awarded the prestigious President’s Police Medal (PPM) for distinguished service on the occasion of the Republic Day, 2023.
The two recipients of the PPM from Odisha are Dhirendra Sambhaji Kutey, special secretary of CMO and Prahallad Rout, constable Vigilance Directorate, Cuttack.
The two personnel from Odisha are among the total of 901 Police personnel, who have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Republic Day, 2023. Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 140, President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPM) to 93 and Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PM) awarded to 668 personnel.
It is pertinent to mention here that Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) is awarded on the ground of Conspicuous Gallantry in saving life and property, or in preventing crime or arresting criminals. The President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPM) is awarded for special distinguished record in Police Service and Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PM) is awarded for valuable service characterized by resource and devotion to duty.
List of police personnel awarded Police Medal
1. Jatindra Kumar Panda, Additional SP, Bhadrak
2. Pradyumna Mishra, Additional SP, Bhadrak
3. Sudhanshu Sekhar Pujari, DSP, Vigilance, Sundargarh
4. Himanshu Bhusan Swain, ACP, Bhubaneswar
5. Gyanendra Kumar Das, Deputy Commandant BPSPA, Bhubaneswar
6. Arun Balliarsingh, Inspector, Bhubaneswar, Security Wing
7. Jugal Kishore Pradhan, SI, Berhampur Vigilance Division
8. Sarwordin Khan, Constable, Nuapatna, Cuttack
9. B. Bhusan Mohanty, ASI Of Police (Computer). SCRB, Bhubaneswar
10. Anil Kumar Minz. Drill Inspector, Bhubaneswar
11. Pradeep Kumar Behera, Sepoy, 4th Battalion, Rourkela.