A major fire broke out at a hotel near the district registration office in Chandini Chowk area of Cuttack on Tuesday morning.
As per initial reports, the hotel and all the valuables were completedly gutted in the fire. It was suspected that the fire began following an electric short circuit.
At least tho persons sustained injuries in the mishap. They were admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital. Their identiy has not been established yet.
Two fire tender teams were pressed into service and they successfully brought the blaze under control.
Assistant fire officer SK Behera said, "After getting information, we immediately reached the spot. The blaze has been doused completely now. The reason of the fire is yet to be ascertained. We will conduct a detailed inquiry to find out the cause of the fire."
Reported by Debasish Mohanty, OTV