Odishatv Bureau

Procrastination has become a habit of many individuals and there is no one-size-fits-all solution to getting rid of procrastination, as the underlying causes of this behavior can vary from person to person. However, there are some scientific  strategies mentioned under a survey conducted by Piers Steel, the author of The Procrastination Equation, which depicts that 95% of people are sufferagers from the habit of delaying and he said that the remaining 5% are lying. He suggested that 3 major steps could be effective in reducing procrastination and increasing productivity.

3 Scientific ways to cut off procrastination:

1. Identify the reasons:
One approach is to identify the reasons why you are procrastinating. This can be done through self-reflection or by keeping a journal to track your thoughts and actions throughout the day. Once you have identified the underlying causes of your procrastination, you can develop strategies to overcome themFor example, if you find that you are procrastinating because a task is too difficult or overwhelming, you can break the task down into smaller, more manageable steps. This can make the job less daunting and make it easier to get started.

2. Set clear Goals and Deadlines:
This can help you stay focused and motivated, and it can also make it easier to track your progress and hold yourself accountable.Additionally, it can be helpful to eliminate distractions and create a conducive work environment. This can involve things like turning off your phone, finding a quiet place to work, and removing any other potential sources of distraction.

3. Practice good time management skills:
Another way to reduce procrastination is to practice good time management. This can involve setting aside specific times of the day to work on your tasks, prioritizing your tasks according to importance, and using tools like calendars and to-do lists to stay organized. Finally, it can be helpful to develop a support system of friends, family, or colleagues who can help keep you accountable and motivate you to stay on track. This can provide you with an extra layer of motivation and encouragement when you are struggling to stay focused and avoid procrastination.

Therefore, there are a number of strategies that can be effective in reducing procrastination behavior and increasing productivity. These strategies can include identifying the underlying causes of procrastination, setting clear goals and deadlines, eliminating distractions, practicing good time management, and developing a support system.