The India Post has sought options or preferences of cadre and division from selected candidates for appointment as Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant on the basis of Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination-2019 conducted by SSC.
Based on the results of Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2019 declared by Staff Selection Commission, names of several candidates were sponsored for appointment as Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant in the Department of Posts in Level 4 of the Pay matrix.
Subsequently, the Director General of Department of Posts, New Delhi allotted the candidates to Karnataka Postal Circle as per their merit and preference of Circle for taking further action for completion of other procedural requirements.
1. Postal Assistants in Post Offices PA (PO)
- Postal Assistants (PO) cadre posts and Sorting Assistants (SA) cadre posts are Divisional level posts located in offices covering the respective Postal/RMS divisional jurisdiction.
2. Sorting Assistants in Railway Mail Service SA (RMS)
- Postal Assistants (CO/RO) posts in Karnataka are available in Circle Office located in Bengaluru, Bengaluru HQ Regional office located in Bengaluru and North Karnataka Regional office located at Dharwad and transferable among these offices in the Circle. However, posting of selected candidates will be subject to Administrative exigencies and availability of vacancies in each office on merit.
3. Postal Assistants in Circle Office and Regional Offices PA (CO/R0)
- The candidate should submit his/her option/ preference form which is mandatory.
NOTE: A candidate shall be allocated to the cadre and division/unit/office on the basis of her/his merit (rank), order of preference(option) and vacancy available at her/his turn in the category she/he has been selected.
To know details of category-wise break up of vacancies including all cadres, visit the official website of Karnataka Postal Circle.