The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday clarified on a notification being circulated on social media regarding weightage to term 1 and term 2 board exams in the final results, terming it as ‘Fake’.
The notification, which went viral on social media, claimed that 30% weightage will be calculated from term 1 exams and the remaining 70% will be from term 2 exams for the final results, which the board denied.
The fake notification also said weightage of internal assessments will remain unchanged and students who could not appear for term 1 exams due to COVID-19 or participation in Olympiads/sports events will be assessed on the basis of their performance in term 2 exams.
This year, for the first time, the CBSE is conducting Class 10 and Class 12 final exams in two terms. Term 1 exams were held in November-December, 2021 and results have been declared.
While the class 10 term 2 examinations will begin on April 26 and will end on May 24, the class 12 term 2 examinations will commence on April 26 and will end on June 15.
Term-1 results, indicating marks scored by the students in different subjects, have been announced. The final results which will mention the qualifying status among other details will be released after the term-2 examination.