The Odisha Vigilance department on Saturday arrested Harekrushna Nayak, an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) with the Odisha Motor Vehicle Department (OMVD) in Jharsuguda district on charges of possessing disproportionate assets.
The anti-corruption agency has detected assets worth over Rs 2 crore following searches at the properties and establishments linked to Nayak at six places in Cuttack, Puri, Jharsuguda, and Ganjam districts.
The searches were conducted based on a warrant issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack. A case against Nayak and his wife has been registered under Sections 13(2), 13(1)(b), 12 of the PC Act, 1988 as amended by the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act, 2018.
“After thorough search, the income, expenditure and assets of Harekrushna Nayak, ASI were calculated and he was found in possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income to the tune of Rs.2,24,19,798 which constituted 440% of his known sources of income,” the Vigilance Department said in a release.
During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets of Nayak were detected:
- One double storeyed building at Friends colony, Mangalabag, Cuttack worth Rs.61.4 Lakh.
- One double storeyed building at Maluda, Puri district worth Rs.70 Lakh.
-One double storeyed building at Ram Nagar, Kamapalli Chhak, Berhampur worth Rs.37.99 Lakh.
- 5 plots including 2 plots at Cuttack, 1 plot at Berhampur and 2 plots at Krushnaprasad, Puri
- Fixed deposits, Bank and Insurance deposits worth over Rs.18.12 lakh.
- Cash worth Rs.4.46 Lakh.
- Gold, silver and household articles worth over Rs.9.5 lakh.
- 4 two wheelers.