UPSC Recruitment 2018: Know details & apply for various vacancies
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released official notification to conduct Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2018.
Candidates within the age of 21 to 30 years as on August 1, 2018 are eligible to apply for the posts. Age relaxation for candidates under various categories is also applicable.
Candidates applying for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics while candidates applying for Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.
The candidates who have appeared the examination for the above degrees but are waiting for the results are also eligible to apply.
Important points to note:
- While a total of 14 vacancies are available under Indian Economic Service, 32 vacancies are available in Indian Statistical Service.
- Candidates other than Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates have to pay an examination fee of Rs 200.
- The last date of applying online is April 16, 2018 while the last date for offline fee payment or by cash is April 15, 2018.
- For offline or cash mode of payment, the candidates have to print the system generated Pay-in-
- Slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- The examination will be conducted on June 29, 2018.
To check further details click here.