RBI Assistant 2017 Recruitment Notification out! Get details
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday issued a notification announcing dates and procedure to apply for RBI Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2017. Approximately 623 vacancies would be filled through the examination.
Eligible candidates can apply online till November 10, 2017.
Candidate selection will be on the basis of a series of two online competitive examinations; i.e. Prelims & Mains Test, followed by an interview.
Candidates interested in applying for RBI Assistant 2017 should read the eligibility criteria and other requirements before filling up the application form.
Candidate of RBI Assistant Recruitment should have passed at least a bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate from a recognized university or Institute. Applicant should also have the knowledge of word processing on PC for RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria.
Selected candidates will get a starting basic pay of Rs 14,650 per month and other allowances like DA, HRA, CCA, TA as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately Rs 32,528 per month.
Age of the applicant should be between 20 to 28 years, i.e. they must have been born between 02 October 1989 and 01 October 1997 for RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria. Moreover upper age limit is relaxed for the reservation categories; SC/ST by 5 years, OBC by 3 years, Persons with Disabilities (PWD GEN) by 10 years, PWD (OBC) by 13 years, PWD (SC/ST) by 15 years respectively.
Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen would be to the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.
Widows, divorcees or women judicially separated who are not re-married have been given an upper age relaxation by 10 years; Candidates domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989 by 5 years while candidates having work experience in RBI have age relaxation to the extent of number of years of such experience (subject to a maximum of 3 years).
Payment of Fees:
Applicants will have to pay examination fee and intimation charges to appear in the examination. For the General and OBC candidates, the application fees is Rs 450, while for the SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen candidates, the fees is Rs 50. Candidates can pay the application fee for RBI Assistant Vacancy through credit card, debit card, net banking and other online modes of payment.
Three-tier Selection Process for RBI Assistant 2017:
- Preliminary examination: The prelims exam would be a qualifying exam containing 100 questions, each carrying one mark. Time duration of test would be 60 minutes. The test will have questions from English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude. Candidates scoring above sectional and overall cutoff will get to write the main exam of RBI Assistant Selection Process.
- Main examination: The main exam will have 200 questions of one mark each. Time duration of exam would be 120 minutes. It will have questions from Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT): The candidates provisionally selected from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT).
Centre of examination:
Preliminary and Main exam of RBI Assistant will be conducted across a number of cities and venues in India. The tentative list of the same has been given in the Annexure III in the notification issued by RBI. The eligible candidates will be intimated of the examination centre later on their mobile or email-id’s.
Important dates for RBI Assistant Exam 2017:
- Starting of online application & fee payment – 18 October, 2017.
- Last date to apply online & pay fee – 10 November, 2017.
- Preliminary exam Admit card – First week of November, 2017.
- Preliminary exam tentative dates – 27 & 28 November, 2017.
- Preliminary exam results – December 2017.
- Mains exam Admit card – First week of December.
- Mains exam tentative date – 20 December, 2017.
- Mains exam results – February 2018.
How to apply for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017:
Candidates who wish to apply for RBI Assistant Vacancy and want to know about detailed state-wise vacancy should visit the official website https://www.rbi.org.in/ and click on the appropriate link provided on this page. Next, they have to complete the online registration process and fill the application form along with uploading of relevant documents, i.e. Photo & signature. After the payment of fees, candidates are advised to keep the registration number and password safely for future use.