JEE Advanced Result 2019: IITs, Top Colleges for Admission; Here’s the List
JEE Advanced Result 2019: The JEE Advanced result was announced by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee yesterday. This year, out of 11.47 lakh JEE Main candidates, 2.45 lakh students qualified for JEE Advanced. A total of 1,61,319 candidates had appeared in both papers 1 and 2 in JEE (Advanced) of which, 38,705 candidates have been qualified.
As the results are out, the registration for admission into Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) is expected to start by June 16. The admission to these institutes will be held through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)/Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
The admission to IITs will be based on JEE Advanced result while the admission at IIITs, NITs and GFTIs will be based on JEE Main score. However, there are many central institutes and colleges which consider the JEE Advanced score to admit students.
Here are some of the government colleges list that student might consider if s/he cannot make it to any IIT-
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati
There are some other institutes, which have their own entrance exam, and they might not accept JEE Mains as its primary mode of enrolling students. These colleges have been ranked by MHRD’s NIRF.
NIRF Ranking 2019: Top 10 Non IIT Engineering Colleges
- Anna University, Chennai (NIRF Rank 9)
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIRF Rank 10)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (NIRF Rank 12)
- Jadavpur University, West Bengal (NIRF Rank 14)
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela (NIRF Rank 16)
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore (NIRF Rank 18)
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (NIRF Rank 19)
- National Institute of Technology Suratkal, Karnataka (NIRF Rank 21)
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab (NIRF Rank 23)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan (NIRF Rank 25)